Friday, June 15, 2018

Day 5

1. Provide an overview of your project/artifact.
(For example, I designed a video game using Scratch programming where the player, or snowman, has to catch 5 snowflakes and avoid the flying flames.)

For my project I decided to work with MIT App Inventor and I created a Virtual Piano. All you do is tap the keys to play the piano.


2. What did you plan to learn from your project? Did you meet this target?

I wanted to learn how to code sound within App Inventor and I did learn how to do this.


3. What computer science concepts did you use in your project? (Variables, loops, conditional statements, functions, lists/arrays, methods, etc.) 

In my project I used procedures/methods to play the sounds.


4. What computational thinking principles did you use in your project? (Abstraction, algorithms, correctness, efficiency, iteration or loop statements, variables, etc.)

I used controls and procedures in my project so that when a certain image was touched, a certain sound would play.


5. How does your project relate to the “real” world? What did you learn or use that will help you outside the classroom?

My project relates to the real world because it could help others learn how to play the piano virtually. I learned how to code more with MIT App Inventor which can help me in the future to teach others or to work on other projects.


6. In your project, what did you particularly want others to notice?

I want others to notice how much work was put into the project.


7. What would you improve if you could do this over again?

If I had more time with this project I would definitely add more keys to the piano and possibly other screens that teach you how to play songs.


8. Does this project reflect the effort you put into it? Why or why not?

I would say yes, I put a lot of effort into this project. There were some issues with actually making the finished product work and when we had no wifi I couldn’t work on it at all. But I did my best with the time I had and worked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment