Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Day 7

1. Provide an overview of your project/artifact.
(For example, I designed a video game using Scratch programming where the player, or snowman,
has to catch 5 snowflakes and avoid the flying flames.)
I am creating a Star Wars adventure story using Python code on repl.it. The user is able to choose their character and play the game as that person, making choices within the story as they go, which follows the Star Wars story.


2. What did you plan to learn from your project? Did you meet this target?
I wanted to learn how to code within Python because it's something I haven't really done before. I met this target.
3. What computer science concepts did you use in your project?
(Variables, loops, conditional statements, functions, lists/arrays, methods, etc.)
I am using many conditional statements within my code. Since there are so many choices the user can make, there are many if-else statements in my project.

4. What computational thinking principles did you use in your project?
(Abstraction, algorithms, correctness, efficiency, iteration or loop statements, variables, etc.)
I used correctness and efficiency in my project because the code in my project will not run without correct terms and efficient use of terms.

5. How does your project relate to the “real” world? What did you learn or use that will
help you outside the classroom?
My project will help in the future if and when I code with Python so that I can code other things and teach others how to code.

6. In your project, what did you particularly want others to notice?
I want others to notice the effort that was put into my project.

7. What would you improve if you could do this over again?
I'd want to continue with the story more.

8. Does this project reflect the effort you put into it? Why or why not?
Yes, this is because I worked hard to learn this coding language and to make this adventure story. 

Fun Blog Prompt:
If you could be the voice of an animated character, who would it be?
I would want to be Rapunzel from the Disney movie Tangled. I would love to play the role of a Disney princess and feel that I could do Rapunzel very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment